Thoracic Ultrasounds in Jacksonville, North Carolina
Sonosite Turbo Ultrasound: one of best portable ultrasound systems in the country, heavily used in the intensive care unit (ICU) settings.
Thoracic Ultrasound can visualize the chest wall, the diaphragm, the pleura and the peripheral lung abutting the pleura.
- Used in the investigation of chest wall abnormalities, pleural thickening and
- pleural tumors.
- Used in the qualitative and quantitative evaluation of pleural effusion and
- pericardial effusion. It determines if pleural effusion is simple or complicated,
- septated or non-septated, and/or loculated or non-loculated, and helps plan
- for pleural drainage.
- Used in ultrasound -guided procedures such as thoracentesis, chest tube
- drainage, medical pleuroscopy and pleurx catheter placement, to minimize
- complications and to improve safety of the procedures.
- Assists in visualizing lung tumors, pulmonary consolidations and other
- parenchymal abnormalities abutting the pleura.
- Assists in fine needle aspiration (FNA) and cutting needle biopsy of lesions
- arising from the chest wall, pleura and peripheral lung.
- Used in evaluating for diaphragmatic paralysis or in detecting pneumothorax.